« Home | Theodore Roosevelt's eldest daughter, Alice: » | Fun Facts about the Beluga » | Fun Facts about Rasputin: » | I didn't know who Mr. Mxyzptlk: is. I stumbled ... » | Inspired by the McSweeney's Recommends page, here'... » | Tapirs » | The Lesser Known Prehistoric Mammals » | Yoshitoshi » | Gillray & Goya » | Absomanthax » 

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 

Life Day 2005

HOORAY FOR TODAY



Today, March 25th, is my personal holiday that I, for lack of a better name, call Life Day.

I celebrate it every year, just like the Wookiees do.

Happy Birthday to Henry II, Frank Oz and the chicken "Chicken Kentucky", who has the distinction of being the first partial birth in space.


This year the official animal of Life Day is the octopus.
It truly is the superhero of the deep.

    
We also honor on this day the precious few who have been inspired to adopt the semblance of the octopus to fight crime.

    
And what the hey, we'll even extend our appreciation to those who clearly do no such thing.


A silly man with no teeth, this year's selection of Life Day heraldry.



And I can't forget Ludo. He deserves a nod.


Have a Happy Life Day!

Thanks for celebrating it with me!

Labels: