« Home | Changeling FAQ » | Here are some neighbors to the platypus » | A Quick Reminder of G.I. Joe bad guys » | Nate suggests the Tarsier » | Hark! Is that a puppy growl I hear? Or a brooding ... » | Life Day 2004 » | More than you need to know about... » | Pangolins are the best animals » | Ultraman monsters » | If I had my Bruthers » 

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 

My definition of the numbat

Hello All. Even before the new year, I had been inundated with demands to define the numbat. It may please you to know that I am finally resigned to my fate. What follows will not just be a typical list of fun facts of the numbat, but the actual definition of the numbat. Do with the information what you will. I only ask that you remember this: "Mercy, no matter the form, is an action of the super-human."



The definition of the numbat is as follows...

(please note the somber lack of exclamation points)

  • Numbats have 52 small teeth.
  • They have a long sticky tongue.
  • They are marsupials but with no pouch. How does this work? Dunno.
  • They live in logs.
  • Their diet is pure termite (20,000 per day), but sometimes there's an ant in there by accident.
  • Numbats are widely regarded as very photogenic.
  • They are slow moving.

    Do not mistake my austerity for half-heartedness. I mean what I say.
    I have defined the numbat!